Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Writing Process

For me writing is a difficult thing to do. I would procrastinate, get writers block, and become distracted by the smallest things.  I would usually start my papers pretty late and then be in a frantic hurry to make sure that I could get it done. On rare occasion, I could fly through a paper like someone was telling me what to say but for the most part it is a struggle to find the right words to say. I never used the correct grammar. It is always a challenge to piece sentences together correctly. Sometimes my sentences would sound like they were another language they were so bad. The hardest part for me, even through all of the other difficulties, was finding a way to start. Once I got into the paper I could always find a way to push through but that introductory paragraph is always the bane of my existence. Another part that was always difficult was the length of the paper. I found myself at the end and saying to myself that this needs to be longer. I would constantly read other sources on the same topic and to try and find inspiration that would breath life into my writing. After I would have the rough draft done, I would then ask my sisters who are eons better at this than I am to read over my work and give me suggestions to make my work better.  There was always a lot that I could do to improve on. Once they are done marking everything that I have done wrong I will correct all of my mistakes with them either on the phone or there with me to make sure I got everything. After all of the editing, pain, and torture that it took to get here I feel pretty confident in my paper. I will read over it one more time to be sure but I have completed the mountain that is writing; however once I reach the summit I seen in the distance another mountain that I am going to have to climb. Then the whole process starts over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment